Lisbellaw United 1 vs 1 Enniskillen Town 01/12/2018

Beragh Swifts 0-0 Lisbellaw United
26th November 2018
Last Man Standing – Week 1
4th December 2018
Show all

Lisbellaw United 1 vs 1 Enniskillen Town 01/12/2018

We picked up a hard fought point on Saturday, drawing 1-1 against Enniskillen Town in an exciting encounter at Drumad. The first half was fairly even, with both sides having chances in quite an open game. William Armstrong, Paul McGrath, Ryan and Sam Lindsay all having shots on goal but we failed to convert any of our chances. We forced several corners, with Stuart Cochrane going close with a header and then from the resulting corner had a shot cleared off the line.

We had strong appeals for a penalty when it looked like the Town centre back handled a goal bound strike, but only a corner was awarded. Paul Elliot broke down the right wing and swung in a superb cross which looked like evading the keeper, leaving Paul McGrath a tap in, but the keeper just got his finger tips to it and diverted the ball to safety. At the other end, Town were putting us under pressure with long balls, long throws and a few corners towards the end of the first half. Their only clear cut chance was blocked by Stuart Cochrane on the stoke of half time.

In the second half we finally broke the dead lock after 55 minutes, William Armstrong running 40 yards, bursting through three 50/50 tackles and he not only managed to keep his balance, he was composed enough to slip in Paul Elliott, who made no mistake and slotted home. A brilliant goal and thoroughly deserved at that point. However, the goal seemed to spark Town in to life and they were soon back on level terms. Seamus Quigley hit the post with a header, which was a sign of things to come as moments later a cross to the back post found Adam Breen free and he was able to head home from close range. Our backs were really against the wall for the remainder of the game, but we stood firm with Sam McDonald making a few excellent saves, twice denying Quigley. Jamie Coalter made a superb last ditch tackle to deny Mark Little a shot on goal, and moments later he got back to clear an Adam Breen shot off the line.

Little also had another chance but was off target when well placed. In the end, we were happy to hang on for a point as Town were well on top towards the end of the match. Towns unfortunate luck continued after the final whistle as they accidentally left all the showers on full blast in the away changing room, which would have caused severe flooding only for a member of staff hearing the gushing water whilst locking up.

Comments are closed.